1/14/11

It's been a long day living with this...

Man, it certainly has been quite a while, hasn't it? To start things off: March will be awesome for my musical tastes. Sum41, Rise Against, Taking Back Sunday... it will be beautiful. Next up is Cage the Elephant's sophomore album, "Thank You, Happy Birthday" - it is AMAZING. Equally good as, if not better than, their self titled debut. I LOVE it. The new Sum41 song is amazing, too - Screaming Bloody Murder looks like it's gonna be a return to form - somewhere between "Does This Look Infected" and "Chuck," which is only good news for long-time fans of the band.

We (Taylor, Katie, Justin and I) have chosen a name - we are Up In the Gallery. We have a full original song done, and we're working on a slew of covers and a couple more originals; Red Crown is the one we have finished, and we're working on Rainfall, Burning Bridges and a few more I've just recently written lyrics to. After talking to Taylor, it's looking like we're gonna add "Shake me Down" by Cage the Elephant to our cover list, which now compromises "Helter Skelter" by the Beatles, "Doublespeak" by Thrice, and... I think that's it, actually. Hm. Either way, I am so incredibly stoked on it - the other three members of the band are extraordinarily musically talented, and I am super pumped to be making music with them. They are just... superb. There are not enough positive adjectives to describe these people.

I have recently learned that attraction is a confusing thing and pining for people is not confined to hallways and classrooms. Which kind of sucks, but hey, that's where I'm at. Not much to do about it, other than write music about it. Everyone loves a good unrequited feelings song.

I have made a shitton of new friends, but I am almost always alone in this house nowadays, which I fucking hate. I wish I owned a car, so I could go out and hang out with people and stuff. I have to rely on other people, now that Nick has moved out, and that fucking blows. I can't really describe how it feels - it is a weird fort of loneliness, because it's not complete loneliness, which almost makes it worse. It's more like isolation, I suppose. I don't really know what to do about it - we shall see where things go from here, I guess, because I don't have ANY idea as to what's going to happen.

19th birthday soon. That's pretty cool - I shall be a legal adult in the province of British Columbia. Weird to think about, honestly - I can do ANYTHING and go ANYWHERE and all that shit. Apparently I am being taken out for drinks on my birthday, which is pretty cool - I'm stoked for that. It will be a new experience, for sure. Though... February 3rd is a Thursday, so I might try to get the Saturday after it - the fifth? - off and do something then, because Thursday is kind of not as easy for people. Plus, mid-week and all that. Bah, again, we'll see.

Have you ever noticed that you are always better at giving advice than doing things yourself? I dunno, just something I've noticed. I have always considered myself relatively good at giving advice, and terrible at acting in situations where I need advice. I dunno. Just tired ramblings.

I am going to work on singing very loud and very honest from here on out - after listening to the new Sum41 and new Cage the Elephant, I have convinced myself that that's what's missing from my vocal performance. Just honest, raw emotion. I've always felt that that makes the best singers - truth.

Moving blows. Always has and always will. Still, new place has a hot tub - I just have to clean it out. Pretty stoked for that. Just worried that it's going to be a "we are family first and roommates second" relationship and not a "we are roommates first and family second" relationship - I NEED it to be the second one, or it's just not gonna work out.

Fear and doubt and worry and uncertainty and all that shit are a cancer, and, if that's true, then, right now, I am cancerous as fuck. Oh well - tomorrow, after work, I'm gonna go set up all the band equipment so we can jam. I'll see if anyone's free and if they want to help. If so, YEAH! If not, oh well. I'll get it done so we can play.

it has been a long time since I felt this way. A long fucking time. Like, "three years" a long time. It's refreshing and new and all that, but fuck me did I ever forget how much it kills. Like... seriously. I was always the kid that felt like this, so I was used to it, but then it went away for a long while. Now it's back and I didn't see it coming. I have been blindsided by myself. It's a weird feeling.

Anyways, fuck me am I ever tired, so I'm gonna hit the sack and then get up and go to the BEST JOB EEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRR. That was serious, too - I love my job. It is way too much fun. I just don't like working 8 hours, it feels far too long. I guess I'd better make this music shit work out, then, eh?

Next post (hopefully) - an acoustic version of Burning Bridges. That's right. AN ORIGINAL SONG. I hope that we figure out a full band version of it soon, but I'm not sure. Currently, we're working on covers and Rainfall in an attempt to bulk up our musical portfolio. It's typically good to be able to play songs, plural.

Anyways, I'm off - I leave you with this final thought. "Does he look like a bitch?" "NO!" "Then why are you trying to fuck him like one? Hm?" Awesome movie. Go Pulp Fiction.

Sleep well, everyone, and welcome back.

2 comments:

  1. Wait! Cage The Elephant has new stuff?! I'm off to get that shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have you ever noticed that you are always better at giving advice than doing things yourself? I dunno, just something I've noticed. I have always considered myself relatively good at giving advice, and terrible at acting in situations where I need advice. I dunno. Just tired ramblings."

    Very much so. I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete