3/22/11

"Oh, Elise..."

So The Cure is the best band to come out of the 80s. Just so you know. I have never really fully compounded my love for The Cure to folks (mostly because NOBODY KNOWS WHO THE FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN I TRY and that is UNACCEPTABLE), but hey, now you know. The Cure is an awesome band that everyone should listen to. Check out "Cut Here" or "Letter to Elise" or "Love Song" or "Friday I'm In Love." The only thing I'm not a fangirl-ishly large fan of is that weird-ass cat noise Robert Smith makes sometimes. I mean... I just don't get it. What purpose does it serve that a moan or a yell or a shriek or a "yeah" couldn't? It's a real stumper. FURTHERMORE, what producer heard Robert Smith make that sound in the studio and went, "That shit is awesome (or tubular or whatever the fuck they said in the 90s), do it more." Didn't his bandmates say anything? Or did they like the weird feline-in-mid-orgasm sound? I don't get it. I need this explained to me. Not to say I'm not a beastly Cure fan, I just... am confused by this sound that is on all of their albums. It's purpose, intent and even conception baffle me and I want to understand desperately. Oh well. Maybe I'll just try it in the band room one day and see what everyone thinks.

AAAAAAAANYWAYS, I've decided that we need to start getting gigs soon, so look out for that. It's on its way. It's like we're pregnant with rock and it's only a matter of time before it bursts out of our creative womb into the light of day. Or it's not like that at all. EITHER WAY, music shall be played soon.

I really despise having animals sleep at the foot of my bed. They get the blankets all tangled and shitty and I can't pull them up without disturbing the animal and then I feel like a douche and they move and they make noise and it sucks. That's about all I have to say on that one, I just felt I had to say it.

So I had something to say about this whole clusterfuck with Gaddaffi in Lybia, but it essentially boils down to this: tons of people are bitching about how we should have gone in earlier and done something sooner and "fuck the UN, they're just being lazy and dragging their feet" and "OIL IT'S ALL ABOUT OIL BLAH BLAH EEEEEVIL!" These people are irritating for multiple reasons.

1) If we'd just kicked the fucking door in right off the bat, all of these people - the VERY SAME people who are complaining about us not going in soon enough - would be bitching about us interfering in other countries' affairs and how we're not the world police and all the shit they always spout. This is dumb and I am tired of hearing it. I don't know what the fuck you people want, but you need to figure it out. Yeah, Gaddaffi needed a nice, hard kick in the nuts, but there's a little thing called international law that restricts us from just going "FUCK YOUR SHIT EVIL DICTATOR" and carpet bombing the fuck of of him. That's why it was BAD for the US to go into Iraq - they went through the protocol, talked to everyone, got disagreed with and then cut through all the red tape and just did it anyways. In this case, everyone learned from their fuck-ups and coloured inside the lines and waited their turn and then everything was hunky-dory, and we went in. And it's still not enough for you clowns. Whatever, I don't get you people, you're all just being dickheads who don't know what they really want from their government/don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

2) I think I actually did all the reasons I can think of at 2:13 AM right there in point #1. I wanted to go after the red tape some more and how the UN "dragging its feet" is actually called "following laws that were put in place to avoid conflicts that could grow to a global scale" but I lost my train of thought. Oh well.

Celebratory "First Day of Spring (Was Two Days Ago But Whatever)" swim tomorrow. It's gonna be COLD. Gotta get my rest.

Sleep well, friends. Don't be one of the dickheads I talked about just up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment